Re: Random data loss, less than 0.1% of the time - how to prevent it
Posted by: Ted Byers
Date: March 24, 2014 03:21PM

Peter Brawley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I missed a step in this thread. Are the failing
> Insert calls generating error return values &
> messages, and if so what are they?

Actually, no. (But, I do not know if/where mysql stores an error log on Windows.)

I say no because my Perl code includes a try/catch block that stores every error it gets from DBI, and stores that along with all request data in a file that includes the current date (appending when there is more than one error in a day). This is actually disturbing as I would have hoped that any failure to insert data would generate an error that Perl's DBI can catch and pass on to Perl's exception handling code.

If MySQL does store an error log, please tell me where to look for it on Windows, and I will look in there for signs of these particular failures, and please advise me on how I can create a custom log that logs failures only on inserts into the two InnoDB tables affected (and if the data that didn't get inserted can be stored to that custom log all (with a new file daily, in which the log includes the current date). This would complement the logs I create using Perl (and in a perfect world, the error logs from Perl would be identical to the logs of these failures (if they can be created and made reliable).

Thanks

Ted

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Random data loss, less than 0.1% of the time - how to prevent it
March 24, 2014 03:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.