MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

linebreak differences between Linux and Windows
Posted by: Rob Hong
Date: August 18, 2014 06:53AM

I decided to develop my application with VB.NET (Visual Studio Express 2013) and MySQL (ADO.NET, with MySQL connector). For development, I do everything locally, in Windows 7, so the MySQL server is localhost. However, in order to share the Winform front-end with my non-programming business partner, I'm using my GreenGeeks shared hosting solution to host a copy (which I update from time to time through a SQL import) of the localhost. I decided not to do replication on the web server because I want my partner to be able to tinker without having his changes overwritten.

However, I've been noticing some issues with the GreenGeeks server, which I presume to be Linux. Specifically, they all seem to relate to how the Linux version of MySQL appears to be inserting additional linebreaks that don't show up on my Windows localhost.

Would this relate to something in the MySQL settings, something peculiar to the difference of hosting on Windows vs Linux, or is the way I'm going about importing flawed?

Thanks so much

Rob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
linebreak differences between Linux and Windows
August 18, 2014 06:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.