MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Export/Import
Posted by: ED DOWDALL
Date: February 03, 2015 11:33AM

Hi.

I'm trying to export/import a file from an old webserver to a Network Solutions hosted MySQL database.

On my first try, it said "no database selected". I figured out that I needed to edit the export and add the command "USE DATABASENAME".

I did that, but then it quits saying there is a syntax error and probably a version error. However, when I look at the information about MySQL versions, they both appear to be version 5.

One googled solution said "try using the SQL323 compatibility setting on both sides." I tried that as well, but it didn't work.

When the error says "Near", does that mean that the information shown IS the problem code? I find "Near" confusing.

I'm trying to understand what I should be doing next.
Should I be looking at this "Create table" command and looking at MySQL documentation to see how this command might not be constructed properly? Or am I not looking at the correct line of code?

Thanks,

Ed

----------------------------------------------
See error below:
Error
SQL query:

-- -- Database: 'acmedb' -- USE ACMEDB -- -------------------------------------------------------- -- -- Table structure for table 'sendcard' -- CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS 'sendcard' ( 'image' varchar(150) default NULL, 'caption' text, 'bgcolor' varchar(7) default NULL, 'towho' varchar(50) default NULL, 'to_email' varchar(50) NOT NULL, 'fromwho' varchar(50) default NULL, 'from_email' varchar(50) NOT NULL, 'fontcolor' varchar(7) default NULL, 'fontface' varchar(100) default NULL, 'message' text, 'music' varchar(70) default NULL, 'id' varchar(25) NOT NULL, 'notify' char(1) default '1', 'emailsent' char(1) default '1', 'template' varchar(30) default NULL, 'des' varchar(30) default NULL, 'img_width' char(3) default NULL, 'img_height' char(3) default NULL, 'applet_name' char(40) default NULL, 'user1' varchar(50) default NULL, 'user2' varchar(50) default NULL, 'user3' varchar(50) default NULL,[...]

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS 'sendcard' (
'image' varchar(150) default NULL,
' at line 13

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Export/Import
February 03, 2015 11:33AM
February 03, 2015 11:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.