MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: Query - multiple joins won't return any records
Posted by: Bad Programmer
Date: February 19, 2015 04:17PM

This gives me exactly what I need. I tested it and compared it to the actual scores & relationships. It's right. It even handles situations where there was no division and/or no team and/or no organization.
All the averages are correct.

I added the table organizations to be able to make 3 tiers.
I've split the relations table up into multiple tables.
rel_divisions_rl(RelationID, DivisionID)
rel_teams_rl(RelationID, TeamID)
rel_organizations_rl(RelationID, OrgID)

If anybody knows how to make this faster without altering the results I sure would appreciate learning about it.

SELECT divisions.RecordID AS DivisionID, teams.RecordID AS TeamID, (organizations.RecordID) AS OrgID, MAX(divisions.Division), MAX(teams.Team), MAX(organizations.OrgName), AVG(scores.Score) AS Score
FROM scores INNER JOIN (((relations
LEFT JOIN (rel_divisions_rl LEFT JOIN divisions ON rel_divisions_rl.DivisionID = divisions.RecordID) ON rel_divisions_rl.RelationID = relations.RecordID)
LEFT JOIN (rel_teams_rl LEFT JOIN teams ON rel_teams_rl.TeamID = teams.RecordID) ON rel_teams_rl.RelationID = relations.RecordID)
LEFT JOIN (rel_organizations_rl LEFT JOIN organizations ON rel_organizations_rl.OrgID = organizations.RecordID) ON rel_organizations_rl.RelationID = relations.RecordID)
ON scores.RelationID = relations.RecordID
GROUP BY DivisionID, TeamID, OrgID
ORDER BY DivisionID, TeamID, OrgID

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.