MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

select over a table joing two others via same column is very slow
Posted by: Gunnar Beister
Date: March 05, 2015 01:20PM

Hi,

it might by a silly question, but I'm struggeling since days to find a perfect and FAST! solution.
I have an "article" table with product-name, id and price. I have a second table which just stores a reference to an article-id(ref_article) of the first article-table and a STRING field for an "EAN"-number (articles might have that). The third table is very similar but instead of an "EAN"-number I handle an "ISBN"-number.
As an article can have n EAN-numbers and n ISBN-numbers I separated those from the article table in those two extra tables.

I do have a search-field on a GUI-form which allows search for articles via product-name and EAN and ISBN. As I don't want to check first whether search-string is a set of words or an EAN or an ISBN I want to setup a query which handles this in one.

As e.g. a search via keywords might have more than word, I need to handle this via a php script which creates my query.

My current query (assuming a search via two words) looks as following:

select
t1.id as id,
t1.title as title,
t.price as price,
t2.ean as ean,
t3.isbn as isbn
from articles t1
left join ean_map as t2 on t2.ref_article = t1.id
left join isbn_map as t3 on t3.ref_article = art.id
where ((t1.title like '%word 1%' or t2.ean like '%word 1%' or t3.isbn like '%word 1%') and (t1.title like '%word 2%' or t2.ean like '%word 2%' or t3.isbn like '%word 2%'))

Running this query takes ages and not acceptable. What I'm doing wrong here?
Thanks a lot!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.