MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Query Updateable but Not in Access Form
Posted by: S G
Date: May 12, 2015 10:51AM

Could not figure out proper forum for this post, and my search didn't find anything similar.

Using Access 2000 front-end with MySQL back-end (just converted the Access back-end to MySQL). Using Innodb engine, and added timestamp to all tables. Most forms work just fine, however experiencing an update problem with one form.

Symptom 1. Modify existing record. I get the Access dialog box that I can't update because someone else has modified the record since I started editing it, even tho no other users logged on and the VBA code is not modifying the table in the background. If I open the exact same query outside the form, the exact same update entered manually works just fine.

Symptom 2. Same form. Add new record. The Form_BeforeUpdate procedure wants to modify a table column based on other data values, and generates the error "Field cannot be updated" Run-time error -2147352567 (80020009). Again, if I open the same query outside of the form, and manually enter the data, it works just fine.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Query Updateable but Not in Access Form
S G
May 12, 2015 10:51AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.