MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Re: MySql bug in table schema data
Posted by: Anthony Stump
Date: November 30, 2016 07:26AM

Well, I don't know quite how to put this but inaccuracies aside with deleting a row, it's still a ton more accurate than the "estimated rows".

Let me ask this-

The reason I did this is because using the estimated rows out of table schema, the ONLY WAY that that number changed was if I did a alter table on EVERY SINGLE table in the database to force it to update. If I went a month without touching it, it didn't change at all. Furthermore, it was stuck saying my Weather database, that writes 4,000+ rows of data PER HOUR, was STUCK on 700,000 rows - for 2 months. After switching to the new formula above I hacked up, now it accurately jumped to 3.6 million rows without having to do an alter table on all 4000 tables.

Using MySQL 5.7.16 with EditLine wrapper (from Ubuntu 16.10 apt-get)

If "slightly off" estimated row counts being off by over 3 million rows is what you call "slight" - I think there's more problems here.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
November 25, 2016 06:48AM
Re: MySql bug in table schema data
November 30, 2016 07:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.