MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Very fast data loading
Posted by: NOT_FOUND NOT_FOUND
Date: December 01, 2016 04:22PM

Hello,

I am constrained to use
* MySQL Connector.NET 6.9 (MySql.Data.dll)
* IronPython 2.7
for my project. I need to insert hundreds of rows of numeric data as quickly as possible into a MySQL database. The MySQLCursor.executemany() command seemed to be exactly what I needed, but my connector does not provide a cursor object. From the MySQL Cursor.executemany() Method page, I see:

“With the executemany() method, it is not possible to specify multiple statements to execute in the operation argument. Doing so raises an InternalError exception. Consider using execute() with multi=True instead."

I can build a list of statements easily, but MySqlCommand has no attribute “multi.” Too bad.

Can I connect to MySQL using two connectors at the same time (MySQL Connector.NET and MySQL Connector/Python)?

If not, does anyone know of a way to get the performance of executemany() from the .NET connector?

Thank you very much for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Very fast data loading
December 01, 2016 04:22PM
December 02, 2016 04:34PM
December 05, 2016 02:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.