MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

MyISAM table gets locked permanently?
Posted by: Dmitriy Abaimov
Date: August 22, 2005 05:25PM

Hello everyone,
Looking for some help from collective wisdom of this forum.
I have a PHP application that runs a web forum, where each category is given its own table. Every once in a while a table gets permanently locked up! I mean, the INSERT statements are issued, no warnings are generated, but the content just does not get added. Other tables of similar structure in the same database are fine until another one develops the same problem and locks up. I have this issue on multiple servers running 4.x versions of MySQL (I don't have any 3.x to try it on anymore). The problem can only be "rectified", so to speak, by deleting the entire table and re-creating it again, which I would want to avoid very much.

Also, all database functionality in this PHP app is supported by db_msql.inc from PHPLIB distribution ( http://phplib.sourceforge.net/ ), and ,as far as I can tell, this lib is not even aware of table locking (unfortunatelly).

Has anyone come across that? I did not provide much information here, I understand. Please let me know what else should be looked at and posted here so I could get some help with the issue.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Dmitriy

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MyISAM table gets locked permanently?
August 22, 2005 05:25PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.