MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

AUTO_INCREMENT attempting to insert zero value
Posted by: Dave Cosgrove
Date: September 14, 2005 10:35AM

Recently, when performing an 'INSERT INTO foo1 ... SELECT FROM foo2' operation on a MYISAM table, I discovered that I was implicitly and repeatedly attempting to insert a value of '0' into an auto_increment, primary key field. Does anyone know what possible conditions could lead to this? I should mention that this occurred in 4.1.11 with several threads potentially executing the same exact code concurrently. Finally, when issuing a 'CHECK TABLE' against the destination table, I received the following:

+------------------+-------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+------------------+-------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| reporting.foo1| check | warning | Auto-increment value: 0 is smaller than max used value: 25433 |

Thanks in advance,

Dave Cosgrove

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2005 10:42AM by Dave Cosgrove.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
AUTO_INCREMENT attempting to insert zero value
September 14, 2005 10:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.