MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Recovery of ISAM Table deletes all rows of that table
Posted by: Ioannis Ntelakis
Date: February 21, 2014 09:53AM

My company has an embedded Linux platform with mysql server/Client and a database of 8 ISAM tables. All those come in two versions.
The first one is a Mysql Server 5.0.32-Debian_7etch5 and the second a MYSQL Server v.5.5.31.
From these tables let's say 4 of them are used for select statements(read only-never change) and in the other 4 we user select/insert/update statements(read/write)
Both embedded systems are prone to crashes which is anticipated. The difference here is that when the tables are recovered the first version might lose 1-2 rows from tables that are read/write, and no rows are lost from the read only.
The second version will lose all data from the tables even from those that are read only.
Is there a reason to this? Does the option "myisam-recover=BACKUP" of the newer version in "/etc/mysql/my.cnf" play a part at that? The older server does not have such an option in the "my.cnf" file.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Recovery of ISAM Table deletes all rows of that table
February 21, 2014 09:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.