MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Database Engine Error
Posted by: Claus Mygind
Date: December 29, 2005 10:40AM

I am using MyISAM storage engine in my data base. I access the data via my Apache web server. I am running dBase Plus apps through the MySQL ODBC driver v 3.51.

This setup is strictly on my desktop. Two computers (web server on one, sql server on the other), NO OTHER USERS.

Occasionally I get a message:
“Database Engine Error: Couldn't perform the edit because another user changed the record.”

This does not happen on every record. But it will re-occur on the same record every time.

From online searches and reviewing the online manual, I see this is a fairly common problem. The manual discusses Microsoft Access but not any other type of software. I see Delphi users can have the same problem.

I have tried the suggestions 1) Use a primary key (I have one on the table). 2) Use a time stamp (done that and it did not help). 3) There are no numeric fields in the table.

I have run the trace log on the web server. While this generated 410 pages of data for one transaction, I reviewed line by line one good and one bad transaction and could not find any difference.

I have compared the content of the key field with the key field data about to be updated and verified they are exactly alike.

Other than the 3 solutions I describe above, has anyone been able to solve this problem? Also when I run the " SHOW STATUS LIKE 'Tables%’ ” I see the value for “Table_locks_immediate “ increases. I am not sure what that means? Are there locks on the records? Or is that just an update of locks placed and released? Any help will be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Database Engine Error
December 29, 2005 10:40AM
December 30, 2005 03:53AM
December 30, 2005 11:39AM
January 02, 2006 05:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.