MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Re: Using DISABLE KEYS on production tables
Posted by: Dave Scofield
Date: September 15, 2014 03:07PM

Thanks, Rick.

Good to hear that my uneasiness about DISABLE KEYS wasn't totally unfounded.

I like the idea of breaking up the inserts into groups. I have done some testing locally, but not on the production machine. On my dev box (wamp) it takes about 1 second per 1000 rows, so i definitely want to break it up. (It's actually a several inserts into multiple tables after doing lookups on some values, yadda, yadda.)

I also have to watch out for the application timing out (php). This is heavily date-based data, so I think what I'm gonna do is make the customer pick the year they want to migrate, and then click start. Then I'll do each month in one pass, and sleep between each month. This will break it up into much more manageable chunks, each taking a reasonable amount of time, hopefully. Then the UI will come back and let them pick another year.

Thanks again for the reply. The article was helpful, and will work great as a starting point.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
September 13, 2014 09:54AM
Re: Using DISABLE KEYS on production tables
September 15, 2014 03:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.