MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

How to recover InnoDB tables if I only have idb files (innodb_file_per_table = 1)
Posted by: Tobias Schulzl-Hess
Date: October 18, 2007 06:13AM

Hi there,

I have (had) a database with mixed MyISAM and InnoDB tables. We used innodb_file_per_table=1 as an option for InnoDB so I have one idb file for each table (plus the frm).

For some reason (which I don't want to discuss here) the database has gone and I only have the idb files (plus the frm) files left. Especially I don't have the ibdata? and the ib_logfile? files.

Now I tried to recover the database. So I copied the files (I had) to the corresponding places. Obviously the MyISAM tables work perfectly. The InnoDB tables show up in the SHOW TABLES statement. However, as soon as I want to access them (e.g. DESCRIBE tablename or SELECT * FROM tablename) I get the following error:
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'tablename' doesn't exist

Is there any way how I can recover the tables I lost? Some nasty workaround? Some other way to extract the data?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias Schulz-Hess.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.