MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: Backup of running MySql
Posted by: Ben Clewett
Date: June 25, 2008 05:55AM

Hi Kim,

This is the procedure we currently run, and it works well.

Accept that stopping the MySql server causes various things to fire, like our Nagios checks and various programs which run reports and like to stay connected. It would be far cleaner if I could complete the lvm snapshot on the running system.

InnoDB is of course fully crash-recovery-proof. I believe this should be enough. But would cleaner if there was a way of flushing InnoDB so that a crash recovery was not required. I think also think it's a shame that the FLUSH TABLES is ignored by InnoDB. Maybe this is a feature request that I should make.

Alternatively I could wait after the STOP SLAVE, say 10 minutes, before the snapshot. Does any member know if this would guarantee InooDB flushing its row to disk??

Or could I set the InnoDB buffer size and log size to zero. Probably not a good idea, but would this force all data to be moved onto disk?

Many thanks for any feedback on this subject...

Ben

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
June 23, 2008 02:14AM
June 23, 2008 04:32PM
Re: Backup of running MySql
June 25, 2008 05:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.