MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

force innodb to recover from ibd fies
Posted by: John Lees
Date: August 11, 2008 06:03PM

Is there a way to force mysql/innodb to use the file-per-table ibd and frm files when the global ib files have been blown away?
I notice that this is becoming a common topic but as yet the only news seems to be bad news.

I have blown away the ib_logfiles and the ibdata files because I was stupid. I had innodb-file-per-table set so all the database tables are safe in their ibd files.

I moved them out of the way and restarted mysql. Innodb rebuilt all its normal files as if it was a new installation, fine. I then recreated the database from a backup file created using mysqldump -d --opt database.

Now if I set the force recovery level to 4 or more I can start up. However, if I try to use the tables I get errors saying that the tablespace id is not the same as the one in the data dictionary.

I KNOW that the table data is perfect. I just can't convince mysql/innodb to load/use these files.

I tried the ALTER TABLE DISCARD TABLESPACE and IMPORT TABLESPACE commands but they simply gave me the same sorts of errors.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
force innodb to recover from ibd fies
August 11, 2008 06:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.