MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Transaction Isolation Level
Posted by: Summer H
Date: August 16, 2008 12:45PM

Hi all,

I am running MySQL server community edition version 5.0.51b on Windows Vista machine. I need to reset the default global transaction isolation level (REPEATABLE READ) to READ COMMITTED.

Having read section 13.2.10.3 of the reference manual and tried the following. In my.ini file (default configuration file used when starting the MySQL server instance), I have added the following line in the [mysqld] section

transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED

Server starts fine, but when running isolation level was not overridden, as you can see from results below:

mysql> select @@global.tx_isolation;
+-----------------------------+
| @@global.tx_isolation |
| REPEATABLE-READ |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select @@tx_isolation;
+-----------------+
| @@tx_isolation |
+-----------------+
| REPEATABLE-READ |
+-----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The server instance is installed as a windows service. The command used to start the instance is:
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld-nt" --defaults-file="C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my.ini" MySQL51
I tried listing all available options using C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\mysqld-nt" --verbose --help and transaction-isolation was not in the list of options printed to screen.

Have I missed something?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Transaction Isolation Level
August 16, 2008 12:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.