MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Error 1025: Lock wait timeout exeeded
Posted by: Horst Pralow
Date: August 19, 2008 03:01AM

Hi folks,
I need a hint to get started with error reseach.
Few days ago we switched servers for a running production system to newer hardware.
After that change I started to receive the error messages on one certain table.

error 1205: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

This always happens on one and only on table which by far isn't most frequently written table in our DB. Other (and even much larger tables) don't produce this error.

The table in question is InnoDB, the databse currently runs in autocommit mode.
The statements show the errors are inserts with all data supplied literally in the SQL (that is no subselect or access to other tables).
Obviously InnoDB is locking the whole table for some reaason, although we do not issue any LOCK TABLES or SELECT FOR UPDATE (which would not have any effect in autocommit mode).
So why does the whole table get locked (if the lock would be on row level, concurrent inserts wouldn't yield the error as far as I understand).
The table itself has been checked (Check tables address quick) with OK status.

What is going on?

Oh, some additional information both old an new server run 5.0.51a Community edition, new Server is SLES 10, old one SLES 9, both AMD Opteron 8 core systems with 16 GB RAM running 64-bit mode

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Error 1025: Lock wait timeout exeeded
August 19, 2008 03:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.