MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

#sql-d25_1#P#p1.ibd can't get rid of it and 1.000 others
Posted by: Nils Braden
Date: June 14, 2010 05:19PM

Hi,

i ran into a problem with a 300GB database i am working with while trying to add an index to the main table (~70GB). My system froze, i guess it was because of innodb_open_files which was set to hold the number of partitions but i didnt calculate for the copy of the table when altering it.

Well i tried 2 times before i found out about the limit thing and now i got 1000 files named like #sql-44c6_7#P#p1.ibd and #sql-d25_7#P#p1.ibd in the folder. I am not sure if i should ignore them, until now they don't do any evil but i fear they count as open files and someday freeze my system again.

What i tried until now was removing the table from which they were created but the temporary files stayed. When i delete the files i get error-mesages like this:

100615 0:16:53 InnoDB: Operating system error number 2 in a file operation.
InnoDB: The error means the system cannot find the path specified.
InnoDB: If you are installing InnoDB, remember that you must create
InnoDB: directories yourself, InnoDB does not create them.
100615 0:16:53 InnoDB: Error: trying to open a table, but could not
InnoDB: open the tablespace file './<table>/#sql-d25_1#P#p1.ibd'!
InnoDB: Have you moved InnoDB .ibd files around without using the
InnoDB: commands DISCARD TABLESPACE and IMPORT TABLESPACE?
InnoDB: It is also possible that this is a temporary table #sql...,
InnoDB: and MySQL removed the .ibd file for this.
InnoDB: Please refer to
InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-troubleshooting-datadict.html
InnoDB: for how to resolve the issue.

Deleting with "drop table `#sql-d25_1`; and some variants doesn't work, i guess its something to do with having innodb_file_per_table activated because it is stated in http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-troubleshooting-datadict.html that it should be possible to delete these tables from the tablespace.

I hope i am not the 20th person posting with that problem but i found it rather difficult to search for the term "#sql-" on google and on this forum.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
nils

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
#sql-d25_1#P#p1.ibd can't get rid of it and 1.000 others
June 14, 2010 05:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.