MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: INSERT/UPDATE within transactions (autocommit=0)
Posted by: Alexander Golubowitsch
Date: August 05, 2010 08:52AM

The INSERT DELAYED table is one of the handful that use MyISAM, along with the session table and the ones that need Fulltext indexes.

query_cache_size | 536870912 -- this may be excessive. The reason? Some actions on the QC are take linear time, thereby run slower when the QC is bigger.

Most portions of the database - especially those that are read the most - are only updated a few times a week at most, in large bulks.

@ Linear complexity: Well if it's linear, it could be much worse. ;o) Will keep an eye on it, though. But the biggest portion of the queries stored there will still be retrieved much faster from the QC than live.

@ Inefficient QC: Restarted the server a few hours after my last post - the old data did not properly reflect the fact that I modified SQL_NO_CACHE handling drastically.

Status after 5 hours:
mysql> SHOW GLOBAL STATUS LIKE "%Qcache%";
+-------------------------+-----------+
| Variable_name           | Value     |
| Qcache_free_blocks      |         1 |
| Qcache_free_memory      | 302831920 |
| Qcache_hits             |   5730396 |
| Qcache_inserts          |    212007 |
| Qcache_lowmem_prunes    |         0 |
| Qcache_not_cached       |  27424058 |
| Qcache_queries_in_cache |    211763 |
| Qcache_total_blocks     |    424020 |
Looks great to me.

@ Aborted connections: Yep, found those, too. Still leaves me puzzled because I can't see what would cause the need for such a huge timeout.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: INSERT/UPDATE within transactions (autocommit=0)
August 05, 2010 08:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.