MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Eventual Slow Performance and Low Load
Posted by: Matt G
Date: March 19, 2013 03:17PM

Hi,

I recently converted all my MyIsam tables, which were all running perfectly fine, to InnoDB because of the larger volume of data I was getting. Usually all the queries never take longer than 1-2 seconds and most of them take a small fraction of a second. After updating to InnoDB, everything is running fine and quite fast actually, but consistently if I leave the server on for about 5 hrs, everything goes slower and slower until the point where queries are taking over a couple thousand seconds finish. Through all this, the load remains low as well as the memory usage and nothing gets swapped.

From what I've read, the only suggestion I found to increase performance is to use clustered indexes which I tried doing by adding a primary index (lon, lat, id), but it still slows down eventually. My main tables are users and messages where I need to search through over 500k users by mainly radius, using lat and lon, birthday, as well as a few other fields such as gender. I also join this table by userid a lot and query the user by their id. Strangely, my messages table has about 9M rows and it doesn't seem to get as many slow queries, possibly because I never have to return more than a couple thousand rows.

My server has 24 processors and 48GB of ram, so it's quite fast. The load is only at about 1 when I'm getting this problem. I've listed my config below.

If you have any suggestions to improve performance I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

[client]
default-character-set=utf8

[mysql]
default-character-set=utf8

[mysqld]
innodb_data_home_dir='/home/mysql'
log-error=/var/log/mysql/error.log
default-character-set = utf8
collation-server = utf8_unicode_ci
init-connect='SET NAMES utf8'
character-set-server = utf8
innodb_file_per_table=1
ft_min_word_len = 3
set-variable = max_connections=2000
max_heap_table_size=256M
tmp_table_size=256M
key_buffer_size=512M
table_cache=1000
sort_buffer_size=512M
read_buffer_size=256M
read_rnd_buffer_size=256M
#myisam_sort_buffer_size = 500M
join_buffer_size = 50M
thread_cache_size = 1000
#wait_timeout = 7200
#connect_timeout = 10
#bulk_insert_buffer_size = 8M
query_cache_limit = 100M
query_cache_size =2048M
query_cache_type = 1
query_prealloc_size = 65536
query_alloc_block_size = 131072
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 20000M
innodb_thread_concurrency = 50
innodb_log_file_size = 256M
innodb_flush_method = O_DIRECT
innodb_file_per_table = 1
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2
innodb_log_buffer_size = 4M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 20M
large-pages

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Eventual Slow Performance and Low Load
March 19, 2013 03:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.