MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: innodb_undo_directory
Posted by: Jim Hetland
Date: June 20, 2013 08:47AM

I thought I had subscribed to this thread, but evidently not, so I thought there had been no replies. Thank you Rick James, but your reply isn't really an answer, and borders on condescending; if I hadn't identified the disk contention associated with the undo logs as a problem, I wouldn't be trying so hard to make this work. Though it does seems I'm the only one so foolish.

Anyway, I did demonstrate that innodb_undo_directory does work on a new instance, and there isn't any obvious way to apply it later (as the helpful linked article also states), other than, in my case, copying terabytes of data, probably with the database halted, since FLUSH TABLES ... FOR EXPORT doesn't work either. (sorry, I really don't mean to sound so churlish)

Anyway there's a good workaround for innodb_undo_directory: place the system tablespace on a different physical drive from the per-file tablespaces. The undo logs are in the system tablespace; little else is; heavy contention solved.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
June 11, 2013 09:11AM
June 12, 2013 07:27AM
Re: innodb_undo_directory
June 20, 2013 08:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.