MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: Entries not being deleted from backend MySQL table when memcached storage time expires
Posted by: Alex Gut
Date: June 20, 2013 09:01PM

Hello, Rick. Thank you for your reply.

I am looking for something simple, fast and reliable to store sets of rules. Sets of persistent rules (which should be reliably stored until user deletes it) as well as sets of temporary rules (which should be reliably stored different amounts of time from seconds to days and deleted after storage time expires) and all this rules should be available for a front end software with a very little delay. And yes, I need a back end with an ability to handle tens of thousands queries per second with a room for potential growth.

Unfortunately, plain MySQL capabilities are not sufficient for this task, that is why I am looking forward to use MySQL with integrated memcached daemon which, as I hope, will be able to give me the best of two worlds: speed and simple interface of memcached and reliability of MySQL. Judging by my preliminary test, it will be, if I could solve the stale records issue.

Of course I could simply use a garbage collector utilizing the MySQL interface only, but it just does not seem to be right, nor it is good for performance.

Hope I could answer your question, hopefully somebody would be able to answer mine:
1) Is the behavior described in the topic started post a bug or a feature?
2) Is there any way to work around it from the memcached side?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Entries not being deleted from backend MySQL table when memcached storage time expires
June 20, 2013 09:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.