MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Fastest engine for Mass Updates (only updates done on table)
Posted by: Susan Lin
Date: September 14, 2014 05:50PM

I have a table of 2 columns and 60 million rows. I want to update the table by incrementing one field by 1 on various different rows (This is the only type of operation that will ever be done on the table). The updates that occur happen all at once everytime, so I am usually updating 30-40 million out of the 60 million rows once a day. This table is only used by one user so I am worried about multiple users trying to connect to the table at the same time or anything like that. Which engine (and parameters) would be fastest to perform just updates and nothing else on (well there will be one select statement once in a while, but I am not concerned about the performance of select statements)? I am currently using MyISAM as I am not worried about ACID, but it currently is quite slow for mass updates. Essentially I am trying to find the fastest way to do MASS Updates.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Fastest engine for Mass Updates (only updates done on table)
September 14, 2014 05:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.