MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Create Corrupted Database
Posted by: Michael McDonald
Date: October 12, 2014 12:19PM

So, first time poster with a crazy request:

Allow me to preface that my understanding of MySQL is novice...at best. I'm trying to build a practical assignment for my fellow co-workers (and myself, through the process of making it) to practice recovering an InnoDB database that has been corrupted. I'm trying to find ways that I can take a test database, corrupt it, and then recover it. However I'm struggling to find a way (or even a database already) to corrupt a database on-demand. Moreso, a way to corrupt it on-demand in a way that CAN be recovered.

If any of you know of a way that I can accomplish this I would greatly appreciate the assistance. I'm not looking for anything fancy, and I'm pretty good at following instructions / looking things up (so whatever I need to do, just let me know and I'll do my best). Thanks again for any help!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Create Corrupted Database
October 12, 2014 12:19PM
October 15, 2014 12:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.