MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

SET GLOBAL innodb_file_format=Barracuda not working
Posted by: Stephen Bloomer
Date: September 22, 2015 10:50PM

Hi all. I have had several MySQL servers for about 10 years, but as the are so reliable I have not had to do much with them, so I am not experienced. The server is a Windows 2012 R2 running MySQL 5.6.19 which is a backend server for a Moodle site with IIS running on another server.

For an upcoming version we need to change the innodb_file_format from Antelope to Barracuda. Following instructions I ran the commands and all looked good, but our Moodle still reported that we were running Antelope. Today I ran show variables like "%innodb_file%"; again and it reported

innodb_file_format Antelope
innodb_file_format_max Barracuda

This is a list of all commands I ran

USE dbname;
SET SESSION sql_mode=STRICT_ALL_TABLES;
SET GLOBAL innodb_file_per_table=1;
SET GLOBAL innodb_file_format=Barracuda;
ALTER TABLE mdl_data ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mdl_data_fields ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mdl_enrol_paypal ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mdl_lti ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mdl_user ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;
ALTER TABLE mdl_user_info_field ROW_FORMAT=Compressed;

I have since ran SET GLOBAL innodb_file_format=Barracuda; several times. When I do it appears to run without issues and then I run show variables like "%innodb_file%"; and it reported

innodb_file_format Barracuda
innodb_file_format_max Barracuda

So I quit this and restart the server and run show variables like "%innodb_file%"; and it again reports innodb_file_format Antelope. The innodb_file_format_max shows Barracuda.

Can someone please assist with identifying what I am doing wrong to get it all to Barracuda ?

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
SET GLOBAL innodb_file_format=Barracuda not working
September 22, 2015 10:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.