MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Low CPU usage for MYsql Database
Posted by: John Burkholder
Date: July 07, 2005 06:42AM

Greetings,

The problem I am having deals with slow database performance on my website. Although unlike other posts on this forum that have slow performance I am NOT having a high CPU usage. I believe that my slow performance is due to Low CPU usage.

I will explain what my site is doing. My database has information about my companies drivers who deliever each day. On my site information can be inputted and then it is sent to the database. That part is all fine and dandy.

I also have a search page where criteria can be chosen and a date range can be selected. The criteria that is chosen builds a select statement which is used to draw the data from the database. There isn't a whole lot of data in the database currently so I did a test search of everything from march 1st 2005 to todays date and it comes up with 1500 some records. This however took 3-4+ minutes to load. I tried the same exact search again only monitoring the CPU usage of the server that is holding the MYsql database and the CPU usage was only 3%. I figure if I can boost this it will run better, but im not sure how this can be done. So this is my predicament and anyone that can give my any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also the server that the Database is being stored on is a Blade Server and has 1 gig of ram and a 2.80 ghz processor. If you need any other information please let me know.

Thanks,
John Burkholder
Kandersteg, Inc.
Independent Contractor for DHL/Airborne Express

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Low CPU usage for MYsql Database
July 07, 2005 06:42AM
July 17, 2005 03:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.