> YOU HAVE MADE ME A CONVERT! :)

Great, but I'm not a missionary. ;)

> You can imagine my programmers surprise when I
> encouraged him to write explicit joins rather than
> theta style. Suddenly he was getting the results
> he expected!

imagine that!

> So is this your MySQL 5.0 book? Is it just about
> 5.0? I guess I'll nose around your site and see!

Nope, Mike and I cover 5.0 through 4.0, running the gamet of things you run into on all platforms. For the SQL centric chapters, I focus on 4.1 functionality. We cover all the new 5.0 features as well, including stored procs, triggers, views, info_schema, cursors, etc, as well as replication, clustering, and a bunch of administrative topics.

Mostly, though, we think the book is geared towards folks who want to explore some of the more advanced features of MySQL, are interested in reading about how MySQL works, and are looking to push their development and administrative skillsets to a different level. We're hoping the book will be a good complement to the range of reference books that are out there. Pro MySQL is not structured like a reference book, partly because we didn't just want to cover what's already been covered by existing books. We wanted to explore different sides of MySQL. Hopefully, people enjoy it; we'll see!

Cheers,

Jay Pipes
Community Relations Manager, North America, MySQL Inc.

Got Cluster? http://www.mysql.com/cluster
Personal: http://jpipes.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Question about the Query Cache and server settings
July 26, 2005 08:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.