MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

MyIsam vs Innodb Query Performance
Posted by: conor meegan
Date: July 29, 2005 05:29AM

I originally tried posting this thread in newbie but got no response. I would appreciate any observations. I am relatively new to MySQL, hence the posting in newbie.

I am working with a test database. Originally the tables were all innodb. I have a number of queries involving and I had performed a certain amount of optimisation to ensure that the queries were using the correct indexes and were not performing a table scan.

I then changed the table type to MyIsam because I wanted to speed up the application as I do not require that the database be transaction-safe. However when I ran the same EXPLAIN on the exact same queries as before, I noticed that the performance statistics had changed from those when I was using Innodb tables indicating that the queries would take longer.

I have reviewed the documentation and cannot find anything of this nature. I was totally surprised because I expected MYISAM to speed up the queries. I am obviously missing something here. Can anybody please help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MyIsam vs Innodb Query Performance
July 29, 2005 05:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.