MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Significant performance drop in InnoDB truncation after Linux upgrade
Posted by: Bjørn Trondsen
Date: March 05, 2012 12:18PM

Hi

I use Arch Linux and after doing a full system upgrade where I upgraded the linux kernel from 3.0.something to 3.2.8, as well as updated all installed packages, the performance of innodb truncation dropped significantly.

Running "truncate table_name" on an empty-table now takes 50ms, it used to take less than 10. This is a big problem for me because I truncate databases a lot when running automated test suits when programming. Truncating an almost empty database with 20 tables take 1 second on InnoDB. On MyISAM it takes 5ms. InnoDB is now 200 times slower than MyISAM so something must be wrong.

A test suite of mine with 700 tests truncates the database 500 times, which means that a test suite that used to take 80sec to run now takes 500sec.

I use v5.5.21. I've tried downgrading to 5.5.14, 5.5.11 and 5.1.54 without seing any changes.

Im not the only linux user with this problem: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/ruby-capybara/8LLxs4BGV-E
Does anybody have any idea what be the problem might be?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Significant performance drop in InnoDB truncation after Linux upgrade
March 05, 2012 12:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.