MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Performance Problem Issues
Posted by: Muneeb Shaukat
Date: November 10, 2005 10:39AM

Hi

I am running a hosting server and the server has debian installation with a kernel 2.4.27. The version of MySql that i am running is ver 4.0.24. The problem that I am facing at the moment is that the server is running fine, but after a certain amount of time (regardless of the no. of connections) the database becomes extremely slow all of a sudden. The load on the server is high but it is high from the beginning. Also the system/OS variables seem to be OK. The server is a dual processor P4 2.8 XEON with 2 GB of RAM. The no. of connections to the apache server, running on the same machine is around 400, however when i use the mysql administrator i find that at any given point there are 60-65 threads connected to the server with 2 or 3 of them being active at the same time. If anyone has any idea lemme know..

Cheeers
MS

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Performance Problem Issues
November 10, 2005 10:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.