MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: How to improve performance in a table with 70 million rows
Posted by: Srikanth Mamidi
Date: August 08, 2012 04:16AM

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, will consider those.

Before increasing the RAM or any other hardware upgrade , we want to consider any other options in mysql like partitioning which may help in improving the performance.

As per the table growth , yes we see around 2500 inserts/updates per minute. We do need all the data all the time, there is no purging strategy possible.

The SELECTS are straightforward where only the indexed columns are used in the where clause.

select * from user_data where user_name in(<uname1>,<uname2>...);
select * from user_data where userID =<userid>;

Any clues about partitioning? I am aware that partitioning is best suited if we want to purge any historical data or if we can use partition pruning.
But in this case I don't see we using the both of the features as for the reasons above. We want to consider partitioning only to improve INSERTS.is it worth trying partitioning?

As I have mentioned earlier our main concern right now is the high frequency of INSERTs .

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.