CREATE TABLE `datatable` (
`id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL,
`data_column` blob,
`data_size` int(11) unsigned DEFAULT NULL,
`cardsNR` smallint(6) DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

That is the create table.

So as you can see VERY easy. The data column is just binary data that I wrote in it, that contains an array of data I serialized myself (so wrote every bit by hand) and read it that way to reduce overhead and size but it isn't very flexible but that is not needed. The datalenght is for my program to see how much bits to read. The primary key is build up as followed: in a deck of cards there are 52 cards, so each card represents a bit and so 12 bits are basically unused. (I use it like that in my program for very vast bit-wise comparisons). So in matters of the number's size there is not really a logical order.

The data that is retrieved is pretty much scattered around.

If INNODB with 600gb can make that kind of improvement I have spare space but if a SSD give way bigger performance boost with the same size I would prefer that and I can move the entire datafolder to the SSD as the other databases that are on the server are very small (< 3gb).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
October 14, 2013 05:26PM
October 15, 2013 09:21PM
Re: Large Dataset with single user
October 21, 2013 09:06AM
October 22, 2013 09:06AM
October 24, 2013 06:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.