MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: connecting to multple ndb instances
Posted by: richard horan
Date: July 25, 2006 09:36AM

I would like to have my client connect to two separate clusters. That is I will have
a C++ object that i write that i will instanciate twice and one of them connects to
one cluster and the second to another cluster. The reason why is we have divided our
data in such a way that where we want to store it in separate clusters because there
will be a lot of data (to much for one cluster because of physical memory constraints. I haven't tried to do this, but it appears by the examples I might not be able. However, looking at the doc for Ndb_cluster_connection the it can take a connection string which is suppose to be the location of the management server.
What would this connection string look like?

So for my need I would like to do (this is what I am hoping for)

Ndb_cluster_connection *aConnection = new Ndb_cluster_connection(connectionstring1);
Ndb_cluster_connection *bConnection = new Ndb_cluster_connection(connectionstring2);
where a and b are using different clusters. and i can access them in the same process space.

So can I do this? and what does a connectionstring look like?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: connecting to multple ndb instances
July 25, 2006 09:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.