MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Cluster loosing all data
Posted by: Martin Jacobsen
Date: August 04, 2006 03:50AM

Hi there!

It seems like I have to ask for help, since this is really bothering me. After running successfully for a few months I have now experienced twice loosing all data of my clustered mysql databases. The scenario seems really odd - it seems to happen when the management node's config.ini is changed and might probably be me doing something the wrong way. According to this tutorial (which I used for the ultramonkey setup)

http://www.howtoforge.com/loadbalanced_mysql_cluster_debian_p2

you are supposed to run ndbd --initial when config.ini has changed on the management node. This might be entirely wrong. I have performed the following steps:

1) Stopped mysqld on each mysql node using mysqladmin
2) Stopped ndbd on each mysql node using 'killall ndbd'
3) Typed 'shutdown' on the management down in ndb_mgm
4) Edited config.ini (set the DataMemory and IndexMemory properties).
5) Started ndb_mgmd on the management node
6) Started ndbd --initial on each mysql node (according to the tutorial)
7) Started mysqld on each mysql node.

show; on the ndb_mgm shows everything is alright and here is where the fun begins. When starting the mysql client on any of the mysql nodes the databases can be found. Unfortunately they are COMPLETELY EMPTY - all data is lost, table definitions as well.

So what can be the problem ?! - the --initial in step 6 or ?! I'm unfortunately not able to play much around with this, because it's a production environment.

This is mysql 5.0.22 on linux 2.6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks for an excellent product !

Best regards,

Martin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Cluster loosing all data
August 04, 2006 03:50AM
August 07, 2006 01:00AM
August 08, 2006 05:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.