MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

All databases missing after MySQL cluster restart
Posted by: webmaster
Date: September 18, 2006 03:39AM

Hello,

I have installed MySQL 5.1.11 beta on 4 AMD64 Debian boxes. All four nodes are running mysqld, two of the nodes are running ndbd, and the two remaining nodes are management servers (with mysqld). I am using statically-defined nodeid's in mysql.ini All connectstring's also use statically defined nodeid's. I am using 2 replicas.

I got the cluster up and running successfully and created several databases and tables. I was able to access and modify the database from each of the four nodes. Changes made in one node were reflected in other nodes.

However, when I shutdown the cluster, rebooted the nodes, and started MySQL cluster, all of the databases that I had created disappeared! This happens every time I create a cluster, add databases, and restart the cluster. If I restart just a single node, then all of the databases are missing just from that one node.

Grep reports that the missing databases exist in SO.TableList, So.FragLog, and T[1,2,5].Data

ndb_waiter reports:
<snip>
Connecting to mgmsrv at nodeid=3,host=node00014,host=node00015
State node 3 STARTED
State node 4 STARTED
Waiting for cluster enter state STARTED

NDBT_ProgramExit: 0 - OK
</snip>

ndb_mgm -e show reports that all mysqld, ndb_mgmd, and ndbd nodes are up and connected.

'SHOW ENGINES' reports that the ndbcluster is the default mysql engine and that it is enabled.

The ndb logfiles are not reporting any errors.

I tried doing 'FLUSH TABLES', however that did not help.

This problem is consistently reproducible whenever I reinitialize the cluster, create new databases and tables, and restart the cluster.

Why are all of my ndb databases disappearing from mysqld whenever I restart the cluster (or just a single node)?

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
All databases missing after MySQL cluster restart
September 18, 2006 03:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.