MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

SQL Node failover
Posted by: Dev Null
Date: October 04, 2013 04:35PM

I've got a clustered configured with (1) management node, (2) SQL nodes, and (2) Data nodes. My web application creates connections to my SQL nodes and transactions are working w/o any problems.

If I shutdown any Data node in the cluster, the system keeps on ticking, the failed Data node is basically ignored and transactions continue to be persisted w/o any problems (exceptions).

On the other hand, when one of my SQL nodes is shutdown(on purpose), then I start seeing exceptions and anomalies left and right. My setup is assumed to be multi-master. I've seen the slave-to-master promotion work ok, but in my environment, I have no need to have the master-slave strategy, multi-master is more of what I want.

The following are my diverClassName and url elements of my configuration settings in my context.xml:
-----
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql:loadbalance://10.10.20.30:3306,10.10.20.31:3306/salesdb?
useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8&
connectionCollation=utf8_bin&
loadBalanceStrategy=random&
loadBalanceBlacklistTimeout=300000&
loadBalanceSQLStateFailover=08&
failOverReadOnly=false&
loadBalancePingTimeout=100&
loadBalanceValidateConnectionOnSwapServer=true&
loadBalanceSQLExceptionSubclassFailover=
java.sql.SQLTransientConnectionException"

----

I was hopping this would have gotten the job done, but alas, nothing!

Any idea of what I'm not configuring so that when one of my SQL Nodes goes down, that node is blacklisted, and the next node in the cluster takes over, without me having to handle mysql exceptions in my code?

Any input with regards to this issue would be much welcomed!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
SQL Node failover
October 04, 2013 04:35PM
November 08, 2013 01:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.