MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

importing databases and changing engines
Posted by: lee musgrave
Date: January 07, 2014 08:16AM

Hi,
i'm new to mysql clustering, i have installed it using the configurator at severalnines.com, using mysql 5.6.11-ndb-7.3.2-cluster-gpl

i have a severalnines clustercontrol server, 2 management servers, 4 data servers (2 node groups), and 8 query nodes. all the mysql servers are on the same subnet.

everything appears to be working fine, i've got the user accounts available on each query node using the ndb_dist_priv.sql routine, i have two servers running haproxy in front of the query nodes for load-balancing.

i am intending to host websites on a 16 server apache farm. again, load-balanced by haproxy. with all the database work offloaded to the mysql cluster.

i've tried importing an existing wordpress database, having edited the dumpfile, changing all instances of MyISAM to NDBCLUSTER

however some of the keys are not allowed as indexes using the ndb engine. TEXT and FULLTEXT being the ones i've encountered so far.
i've deleted the offending keys from the file and imported the database successfully, just so i could test the load balancing worked. i am aware this would break some functionality, so how should i handle them properly?
i've seen suggestions of changing them to VARCHAR, but i'm not really a database administrator, i have no idea what problems that could cause, or if that would provide enough space for all of a FULLTEXT entry.

can i have most of the tables using NDBCLUSTER, and leave the offending tables as MyISAM? if so, how do i replicate those tables across all 8 query servers?

there will also be some magento databases (innoDB), which will have issues with foreign key constraints when trying to change to ndbcluster.

i've seen suggested this:
You can try running this at the top of your database dump:

SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;

is this ok? will triggers work ok?

thanks for any help and advice you can give.

lee.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
importing databases and changing engines
January 07, 2014 08:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.