MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

NDB memory and disk usage
Posted by: Tom Ku
Date: February 26, 2015 02:20PM

I have an NDB database with a single table and a simple use pattern of very frequent reads and updates of individual rows i.e. no complex joins, aggregates etc. The table is ~200M rows but the operations are mostly limited to 10% of the rows at any time, or in other words the set of these “active” rows is about 10% of the total number of rows at any given time. The content of the 10% slowly (and unpredictably) changes, where slowly means hours.

NDB memory usage for this database is ~100GB per data node as reported by “all report memory usage”

I want to continue using NDB but reduce its memory usage by taking advantage of the fact that the actual active data set is only 10% of the total data set.
Is this doable and if so how?

Another way of saying all the above is that I’d like NDB to cache in memory only a subset of the data but cannot see a way to do it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Tom

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
NDB memory and disk usage
February 26, 2015 02:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.