MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

Encrypt with BlowFish
Posted by: Nico Nop
Date: February 22, 2011 09:48AM

Hi list,

I have a PostgreSQL database with encrypted passwords, encrypted using the BlowFish algorithm (2a). Passwords looks like this in my postgresql database (example with the string "test") :

$2a$06$Zwsx5.gYGQOG93.fMDzkj.iMldWNpO/J2dv3fh8v1kCP.WKtEWW5G

I import this data into a MySQL 5.1 database.

Then I try to check that my encrypted passwords are still usable, but when I run :

mysql> SELECT ENCRYPT('test', '$2a$06$Zwsx5.gYGQOG93.fMDzkj.iMldWNpO/J2dv3fh8v1kCP.WKtEWW5G');
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| ENCRYPT('test', '$2a$06$Zwsx5.gYGQOG93.fMDzkj.iMldWNpO/J2dv3fh8v1kCP.WKtEWW5G') |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| $2rcByx51ejoM |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I dont get the result I expect (I expect to get the same encrypted string).

I made a test with a md5 algorithm and this works fine, but I can't work with the BlowFish encrypted pwd...

Any idea ?

thanks,
Nico

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2011 03:50AM by Nico Nop.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Encrypt with BlowFish
February 22, 2011 09:48AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.