MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Problems Logging in
Posted by: Chris Arnold
Date: January 23, 2012 04:13PM

MySQL 5.0.26 from SLES 11 RPM. This use to work. The mysql.log is blank so no help there. I have set a password using:
SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('secret_password');
Then when trying to login i would get:
mysql -u root -p
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)]/code]

And i could login without a password. So i used the mysql-init file to set a password and this seems to work. The problem ccomes as i try to login from phpmyadmin, it keeps prompting for the user/pass, which i use the same when i login from mysql console. It does not appear to be a grant/connect problem as i have run:
SHOW GRANTS FOR CURRENT_USER;
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for root@localhost                                                                                                              |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'some_encrypted_text' WITH GRANT OPTION |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

What can be going on here and how would i find out what mysql is seeing/doing since the log is blank?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problems Logging in
January 23, 2012 04:13PM
January 23, 2012 08:58PM
January 23, 2012 09:35PM
February 06, 2012 11:13PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.