MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Problem with setting up ODBC
Posted by: Pete Rauch
Date: June 17, 2009 11:43AM

Hello, I am wondering if anybody can help me with a specific problem I am having, or at least point me in the right direction for more self-education.

I am using Microsoft Access as a front-end to a MySQL database. My production version is MySQL 4.0.18 running on SUSE 9, with the client on Windows XP using MySQL ODBC Driver 3.51. This is working fine.

I'm having trouble setting up a new system: MySQL 5.0.18 running on SLES 10, with the client on Windows XP using MySQL ODBC 5.1 (I also tried 3.51).

The specific error I am currently getting with ODBC 5.1 is: "Connection Failed: [08S01][MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver] Lost connection to MySQL Server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 2"

I've followed the documentation for setting up the DSN in Windows, but I think the problem might be on the Linux side. Windows can ping the server and I've opened up remote MySQL access on the Linux firewall, but I wonder if I need to change one or more settings to allow access. The ODBC documentation for the front-end was good, but I haven't seen a nice tutorial for the back-end. Are there any out there?

-Pete

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Problem with setting up ODBC
June 17, 2009 11:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.