MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

ODBC Driver Error 800004005, Specified Error Could Not by loaded, system error 5
Posted by: Glenn Henderson
Date: October 17, 2005 02:49AM

I use mySQL server in two different access modes. One is through a VB.exe application and we never ever have a problem with that one. The other is other a web .asp application and we sometimes have the following message (but not all the time) on user machines.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 5 (MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver).

We have tried both DNS and DNS-less connection for the .asp and both return the same intermittent connection problem. I run 3 machines in my office. 1 connects all the time without a problem, 1 is through a VPN and connects all the time without a problem, the 3rd sometimes has a connection problem with the error above. My users seem to experience the same intermittent connection as my third machine. However, once I connect with the 1st machine, everybody can access the database for a period of time. If I let the 1st machine be idle, after a time my users can not access again.

I am sure that I did something wrong, but I just can't figure out what yet. Users are only reading the database from the web application, no writes.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.