MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

mysql ODBC - Excel 2013
Posted by: Björn Hallström
Date: April 06, 2014 01:33PM

I cannot figure out how to get the ODBC-driver to a mysql-database function with Excel. Here are some facts.

1) the app is Excel 2013 32-bit

2) the OS is Windows 7 64 bit

3) I installed the ODBC-driver (X86, 64-bits)
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.0.html

And I know theres a tricky bit to solve. But I think I understand it. For window 7 there are two folders:
- SysWOW64 and System32. The relevant exe-file should be launched from SYsWOW64 if I want the 32-bit version. So I do this - launch it but when I choose the ODBC-driver (Microsoft ODBC for Oracle 6.01...) from the list I got an error message:

translated from swedish:

Couldnt find Oracle(tm)-client or its networkkomponents. These komponents is distributed by Oracle Corporation and is included in the softwareprogram Oracle version 7.3 (or later). You cannot use this driver until these komponents has been installed.

So my question is:
1) Am I doing right to call the exe-file from SysWOW64 if I want the 32-bit driver? Probably the answer is YES
2) Why are these komponents missing?
3) How do I solve the issue - just by downloading the komponents?
4) from where can I download these komponents?

All I want is to get the mysql ODBC to function with Excel 2013. I couldnt understand why its so complicated. Many people had similar problem with the ODBC

thanks in advance!!!!

I

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
mysql ODBC - Excel 2013
April 06, 2014 01:33PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.