MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

MySQL Client Out of memory
Posted by: Gabriel Dunn
Date: January 21, 2015 02:25PM

I have a process that runs on MSSQL that queries a MySQL table via a linked server. It was working fine for a week, but now am getting the error:

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MYSQL_WEB_PROD" returned message "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.45-community-log]MySQL client ran out of memory".
Msg 7306, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Cannot open the table "my_users" from OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MYSQL_WEB_PROD".

I can't even do
select top 10 id from MYSQL_WEB_PROD...my_users ORDER BY ID LIMIT 1.

But I can do a simple query WITHOUT ORDER BY on the table such as
select top 10 id from MYSQL_WEB_PROD...my_users

But I found I can query other MySQL tables in the same database without an error, so it seems there might be a problem with that specific table ?

I was previously able to INSERT records into the MySQL table from the MSSQL Linked Server, but that now gives the same error.

I don't same to have any problems running queries & inserts against the table directly through Toad, but need to get the MSSQL process working again.

Is there some kind of amintenance I need to do ? I tried OPTIMIZE table and CHECK table using Toad, but made no difference.

| version | 5.0.45-community-log |
| version_comment | MySQL Community Edition (GPL) |

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL Client Out of memory
January 21, 2015 02:25PM
January 23, 2015 09:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.