MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Locks not releasing
Posted by: John Arseneau
Date: May 20, 2016 02:17PM

Perhaps someone can assist .. I am running a MSACCESS DB - using ODBC with MySql underneath. I have MANY QUERIES that update a row of data within the MySql environment baes on a single record in an ACCESS Table that has a unique key that joins to the unique key of the MySql Table .. these all work well.

As soon as the ACCESS Table has a population of rows more than 1 .. and all rows still have unique keys .. the first iteration of the UPDATE QUERY work in ACCESS - HOWEVER the LOCKS for those rows are not released and the next time I run the same ACCESS Quesry .. the update fails -- because of record locks ??

Here is a sample of the SQL within the QUERY DEF of the Microsoft DB.

UPDATE Tbl_Local_cc_incident_notes INNER JOIN dbo_cc_incident_notes
ON Tbl_Local_cc_incident_notes.CC_Incident_Note_id = dbo_cc_incident_notes.CC_Incident_Note_id SET dbo_cc_incident_notes.CC_Incident_note = [Tbl_Local_cc_incident_notes].[CC_Incident_note];

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Locks not releasing
May 20, 2016 02:17PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.