MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Run-time error -2147467259
Posted by: akrep
Date: March 16, 2006 02:29AM

Hi there,
I hope somebody will be able to help me out there, because this is really weird.
I have an application written in Visual Basic that connects to MySql server using MySql ODBC Connector 3.51. Everything worked fine until today morning, when I got the following error:

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
Data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status.

Let me explain:
there are 4 tables in the database relevant to what's going on now (say customer_1, order_1, customer_2 and order_2). All operations are done from the application. I want to select all records from order_1 for selected customer from customer_1. This works fine, no error, no problem.
Then I wanted to do the same for some other customer from table customer_2 (show orders from table order_2). Application returned no rows, which is strange, because there are some. So I use Mysql Query Browser to check it and this customer from customer_2 table really has an order in order_2 table. but it's not displaying through the application (although tables customer_1 and order_1 work fine). The error occurred when I tried to print R.RecordCount (R is the recordset I use in program).

I tried searching Google, but didn't find anything.

Do you have ANY idea? I am using the same connection all the time, it's open, recordset is open, everything worked fine all the time, there's no difference between the two sets of tables...

Thanks a lot,
akrep

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Run-time error -2147467259
March 16, 2006 02:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.