Date: September 14, 2006 11:16PM

Dear Fellow .NET Developers,

My development environment:
- Windows XP
- MySQL 5.0
- .NET connector from http://www.skakkinostri.it/mysql/
- VS 2005
- .NET framework 2.0

I received the following error messages when trying to save records using this statement:

Me.TbstockTableAdapter.Update(Me.DsAlexie.tbstock)

When my dataset contains > 200 records, it become very unstable. The table tbstock has 40 fields with different datatypes integer, varchar, longblob, datetime, decimal(19,4) and char.

Error message starts here..
=======================================================================
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Only byte arrays and strings can be serialized by MySqlBinary
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatusErrors(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatus(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows, DataTableMapping tableMapping)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdateFromDataTable(DataTable dataTable, DataTableMapping tableMapping)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataTable dataTable)
at alexie.dsAlexieTableAdapters.tbstockTableAdapter.Update(tbstockDataTable dataTable) in C:\projects\alexie\dsAlexie.Designer.vb:line 21679
at alexie.frmStock.TbstockBindingNavigatorSaveItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\projects\alexie\frmStock.vb:line 114
==========================================================

Things that I tried but failed:-
1. use only signed integer (uncheck the unsigned box).
2. use decimal(19,4) instead of double or float.

However, when the dataset is small, there is no problem.
What could be the possible problem?
Anybody encounter this?

Any great idea to workaround this?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Jack

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Only byte arrays and strings can be serialized by MySqlBinary
September 14, 2006 11:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.