Reading from and updating the same table causes a "Connection unexpectedly terminated" error to be generated
Posted by: Salim Naufal
Date: July 09, 2007 04:15AM

I have an application in VS 2005 in conjunction with MySQL 5.1.19 Beta as well as the latest .NET connector.
The database contains a huge MyISAM table that includes about 6,000,000 records each having 354 fields.

I am updating one of the field based on some other field inside the same table. This update is done in a client VS2005 dot Net application.

My program consists of two MySQLConnection and two MySqlCommand components.
The first MySQLCommand retrieves the fields required for deriving the field I want to update.
The Second MySQLCommand consists of the Update statement.

When running the program, after 1000 updates, I get the "Connection unexpectedly terminated" exception.

In order to isolate the problem, I have created another table in which I insert the primary key of the main table and the calculated field. This part works without problems.

Are there known issues with MySQL when a program reads and updates the same table?

Thanks

Salim

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Reading from and updating the same table causes a "Connection unexpectedly terminated" error to be generated
July 09, 2007 04:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.