Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts
Posted by: hubert hupe
Date: December 29, 2006 06:13AM

hello,

i have developed with my laptop/visual studio 2005 a small console-application that connects to a remote mysql-database that runs on a linux-machine. if i start the project everything works fine.
after uploading to the linux machine i tried to run the program and received the following error-message:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open () [0x00000] at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings) [0x00000] at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open () [0x00000]

on my developing machine i installed the netconnector 5.0.2.0 same on the linux-machine. (a gacutil -l: MySql.Data, Version=5.0.2.0, Culture=neutral)

connection string: string connectionString = "Server=127.0.0.1;Port=3306;User Id=test;Password=test;Persist Security Info=True;Database=test";

a telnet localhost 3306 on the linux-machine works!

why it work remote, but not locally?

cheers...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2006 06:18AM by hubert hupe.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts
December 29, 2006 06:13AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.